Laser Gum Surgery Doesn’t have to be Painful
Does the idea of gum surgery sound excruciating? It doesn’t have to be. At Excellence in Dentistry, serving Cottage Grove and Madison, Wisconsin, we offer laser gum surgery and use state-of-the-art tools and techniques that result in highly effective and pain-free gum procedures. Laser surgery provides treatment without cutting, stitches or incisions and with significantly less time in the dental chair than traditional surgical treatments.
Laser Gum Surgery: More than Cosmetic
Laser gum surgery options are available for gum contouring for cosmetic purposes but are commonly used for overall gum health. Gum disease treatments can include pain-free laser treatments that enable your dentist to get below the gum line to help fight bacteria that could be putting your periodontal health and overall health at risk.
Because there is an increasing amount of information being shared about the connection between gum disease and other health problems, (such as heart disease, cancer, and other health problems) more people than ever are talking to their dentist about gum disease. Here at Excellence in Dentistry, we utilize the PerioLase tool for the FDA-approved LANAP protocol, which is a proven technique for the treatment of gum disease. In just two pain-free 2-hour sessions, bacteria and infection could be a thing of the past.
The tools and techniques used at our offices mean less time in the chair, less recovery time, and an increased level of oral health and wellness for you.
The LANAP protocol isn’t just more effective; it could be safer for you, too. People with certain health conditions who are at risk for problems from bleeding are usually excellent candidates for laser gum surgery.
Excellence in Dentistry: Benefits of LANAP
There are many benefits from receiving laser gum surgery using LANAP protocol. These benefits include:
- Faster healing – LANAP is minimally invasive and allows the body to heal itself quickly
- Less discomfort – it is very rare to prescribe pain medication post op LANAP due to bio stimulation capabilities of the PerioLase that cause little to no discomfort.
- Less downtime
- Little to no recession – laser surgery does not lower the level of the gum line like traditional surgery
- Reduce inflammation and bleeding – The PerioLase can remove 90% of the inflammation in your mouth after one visit.
- Saves teeth
- Bone regeneration – LANAP is the only protocol scientifically proven to regenerate bone around the teeth
- Very safe – zero contraindications with this laser, meaning it does not interfere with any disease or medication.
Excellence in Dentistry: Serving Cottage Grove and Madison
Excellence in Dentistry is fully qualified to perform gum surgery with PerioLase. We are a team of dental professionals who are passionate about oral health and overall wellness. Your periodontal health is connected to both. If you’d like to talk to us about periodontal services, preventative dentistry, or cosmetic dentistry options, we would be happy to offer you a free consultation.