The doctors at Excellence in Dentistry offer full and partial dentures as a solution to missing or damaged teeth in your mouth. Dentures are a removable appliance that can help improve the functionality of your mouth as well as providing cosmetic perks. If you have lost some or all of your teeth, dentures will improve the way you eat and speak. While you may think that false teeth are the only cosmetic benefit to dentures, you will also notice that dentures help fill out the appearance of your face. To start the process of getting your dentures, one of our doctors will see you for a comprehensive exam to evaluate the tissues of your mouth. Our dentists also offer Dental Implants, which can be an alternative to traditional dentures.
Here are tips for caring for your dentures from Colgate:
- When handling your dentures, stand over a folded towel or basin of water. Dentures are delicate and may break if dropped.
- Don’t let your dentures dry out. Place them in a denture cleanser soaking solution or plain water when you’re not wearing them. Never use hot water, which can cause them to warp.
- Brushing your dentures daily will remove food deposits and plaque, and help prevent them from becoming stained. An ultrasonic cleaner may be used to care for your dentures, but it does not replace thorough daily brushing.
- Brush your gums, tongue, and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before you insert your dentures. This stimulates circulation in your tissues and helps remove plaque.
- See your dentist if your dentures break, chip, crack or become loose. Don’t be tempted to adjust them yourself — this can damage them beyond repair.